Proper E and xscreensaver integration with GNOME

Hello,

What is the best way to tell GNOME where my xscreensaver and
Enlightenment live? I compiled E from source and let install in the
default /usr/local/enlightenment/ -- nice and clean. Unfortunately,
GNOME does not expect it there. I tried setting my within the script
that launches GNOME to include /usr/local/enlightenment/bin, but that
did not help the GNOME CC.

A similar problem occurs with xscreensaver -- I installed the main
binaries in /usr/local/bin and the hacks in
/usr/local/bin/xscreensaver-hacks. Now, GNOME CC does pops up a
control panel for xscreensaver, but the settings have no effect.
xscreensaver's own preferences interface works properly.

Thanks, igor