gtk+/docs Makefile

Hi All,

I'm trying to compile GNOME from Jim Picks daily tarballs using
debian/build to produce recent debs.

The buildprocess stopped when compiling gtk+ (990412 tarball).
The debian/rules script wanted to execute (in making libgtk-doc):
cp docs/html/gdk* debian/libgtk-cvs-doc/usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/gdk-html

but it couldn't find the gdk* files. I looked at the Makefile in the
docs directory and noticed these rules:

gdk.html gdk_toc.html: gdk.texi
        (cd $(srcdir); texi2html gdk.texi)

gtk.html gtk_toc.html: gtk.texi
        (cd $(srcdir); texi2html gtk.texi)

html/gdk.html html/gdk_toc.html: htmldir gdk.html gdk_toc.html
        (cd $(srcdir); cp gdk.html gdk_toc.html html/)

html/gtk.html html/gtk_toc.html: htmldir gtk.html gtk_toc.html
        (cd $(srcdir); cp gtk.html gtk_toc.html	html/)

I saw that gdk.html, gdk_toc.html, gtk.html and gtk_toc.html were made,
but they weren't copied to the html directory, so the debian/rules
script couldn't find them.

I don't know how to make Makefiles, but shouldn't the html/ rules be
executed by the Makefile?

I also noticed that the debian/rules script doesn't do anything with the
gtk.html and gtk_toc.html files. Shouldn't the following lines be added
within the libgtk-cvs-doc section in debian/rules:

dh_installdirs -plibgtk-cvs-doc usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/faq-html \
          usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/tutorial-html \
          usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/italian-tutorial-html \
          usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/french-tutorial-html \
          usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/gdk-html \
          usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/gtk-html	  ( <----- )
cp docs/html/gtk* debian/libgtk-cvs-doc/usr/doc/libgtk-cvs-doc/gtk-html

After manually adding the gdk.html and gdm_toc.html to the doc/html dir
verything compiled (although with some warnings, but i'm sure the
developers are aware of them) and debs were made.

Bye,

Olaf