gnome-terminal: no bold, no extending selection

Package: gnome-terminal
Version: 1.0.4

bold doesn't work:
in bash:
PS1="(${tt})\[\033[7m\]\t\[\033[m\] \[\033[1m\]\u@\h:\w [\#]\\$\[\033[m\] "
the `bold' part (\u@\h:\w [\#]\\$) is shown normally (not bold)

Also, mouse3 still does not extend selection.
[this is bug 397, it was closed by the gnome-terminal author with
comment that it is about to be fixed]

Please note that I was not able to submit this bug to
submit@bugs.gnome.org.  I am getting the following:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at tirania.nuclecu.unam.mx.

<submit@bugs.gnome.org>:
/ Unknown ticket service address gnome ticket database <submit@bugs.gnome.org
 Recognised addresses are:
/     General:       Read # in Subject:        Ticket # is NNNN:
/      request        submit  bugs             NNNN  NNNN-submit
      control        maintonly                NNNN-maintonly
      owner          quiet                    NNNN-quiet
      postmaster     forwarded                NNNN-forwarded
                     done  close              NNNN-done  NNNN-close
                     submitter                NNNN-submitter
/ (all @nic.tln.org.)
/ For instructions via the WWW see:
   http://bugs.gnome.org/
   http://bugs.gnome.org/Reporting.html
   http://bugs.gnome.org/Developer.html
   http://bugs.gnome.org/Access.html
  Instructions are available from the TLN helpdesk staff
 in the files:
   doc/bug-reporting.txt
   doc/bug-log-access.txt
   doc/bug-maint-info.txt
/ For details of how to access ticket report logs by email:
   send `request@bugs.gnome.org' the word `help'