Re: Glib/GTK

> From: jgauthier@kamikaze.whiteboard.net

> How can I install new copies of these libraries without having to
> recompile everything dependant on them?  (this is a full compiled install)

Don't uninstall/upgrade over the old versions - keep both old and new.  Then
remove the older ones when you're *sure* you don't use them any more.

Or, if you're sure no interface changes have been made (just bugfixes), upgrade
completely to the new ones, and then make links to them with the names of the
old libraries.

Hackedy hack hack hack ;O)

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub