compiling

I've been having hit-or-miss success with updating my GNOME packages (for
example, the new libs compiled OK, but the core won't).  I very often receive
an error message when compiling (with make)  of the type that the make file
calls for file xxxxx.xxx but that file cannot be found.  Is this a problem on
my part or did i get a corrupted version of the tar.gz files?

Michele A. Torzilli
mtorzill@earthlink.net

The first step to knowledge
is to know we are ignorant.