Re: GNOME Panels run slooooow on my computer

Assuming that your DNS setup is correct (you would have many more problems
if this was your problem), this is probably related to esound.  If you
don't have a sound card, or haven't got esd setup correctly, libesd will
try to start and connect to (and fail) the server 5 times at one second
intervals.  This problem is currently being addressed, so should be fixed
at some point in the future.

It may also be worth looking at the output on stderr of the panel (either
doing a ctrl-alt-f1 or looking at a log file -- depending on how your
system is set up).  This may give a good idea of the problem.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/