Re: Building RPMs from CVS

It is probably easier to go into the package directory, configure it with
autogen.sh, then run "make dist" to produce a distribution tarball that
you can then run "rpm -ta" on.

Personally I use some scripts that allow me to build RPMs from the result
of "make install prefix=/tmp/whatever-root/prefix", as this allows make to
do its job, and not have to rebuild everything every time.  Some of the
scripts are a bit hackish, but if you want them, email me directly.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/