Re: "Lag" or mirrors

> * Nils Jeppe <nils@jeppe.de> writes:
> > I am really getting a little tired about the fact that mirrors seem to lag
> > behind ftp.gnome.org by several days, at best. jimpick.com seems to be the
> > best mirror I found, but for example it still has gnumeric-0.19 - why is
> > this so?
> >
> > I have heard that mirror sites do not get private ftp accounts, is this
> > correct? If so, this should be changed. Top-notch up-to-date mirrors would
> > take a lot of the load off ftp.gnome.org....
>
> Indeed, this is annoying. It's senseless to tell people to use
> mirrors if they lag behind that much. Ideally, one wouldn't even

I've gotten good success using this mirror:
ftp://sod.res.cmu.edu/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/

As soon as I saw the announcement, I was able to get the latest
gnome-libs.  However, your mileage may vary, since I'm not sure how often
it gets updated, but I know for sure that it's about a day behind.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/