Re: GNOME vs GNU gcc & glibc

Sergio <ser@perio.unlp.edu.ar> writes:

> yes, Gnome depends on Linux for example.

I beg to differ. I guess the Gnome components I have running on my
Solaris box are a figment of my imagination?

Remember, the world does not revolve around Linux and Linux != Unix,
although it seems that a lot of Linux programmers forget that other
Unix variants exist (wrap system specific call around other functions
please, Linux /proc is very different than Solaris /proc for example).

Chris

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, finger for public key   http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/