Session management

Hi,

This is really a reply to something post by Lars Torben Wilson
<torben@pinc.com>, but I can't do it directly as I'm only on the
post-only list at RedHat.

He asked whether it was possible for Gnome to just "remember" your
session intelligently, so that all windows come up where you left them,
etc.

I'd just like to add that I would absolutely *love* it if there was a
way to specify a "canonical" session. I don't particularly like having
all my xterms, gmc, gimp, etc. coming back up when I log in - I prefer
just to have one standard session which is the same every time I log in.
(Yes, I should just exit all apps before logging out. I do. Sometimes
there are crashes, and then I have to rebuild my preferred session from
scratch)

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Allan

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)
http://www.gla.ac.uk/Clubs/WebSoc/~9607436t/

"Not everything in black and white makes sense...."