Help with 1.0 install

 I have been trying to install gnome 1.0 and am having lots of problems
with file dependencies. I had an older version on a while back and then
downloaded all the newer files for 1.0. Since I have been trying to
upgrade the rpms I don't seem to have the required files. I have all the
files listed on the website as being mandetory for the install, but
still get dependency errors when trying to upgrade. I now have around 70
files for the installation. This seems like a whole lot more then I
should need. Should I go and uninstall all the rpms needed for the basic
install first and then start from scratch?

Please help,
Thanks,
Aaron

mailto:verdesoft@verdesoft.net