Beginner's struggle to make a real gnome application (and be an educated mantainer)

> I wanted to learn gtk and gnome programming, so I've written a nice and smart
> GTK+ application to manage a collection of mp3 cds, make playlists, ask for the
> cds to play them, caching frequently listened songs to hard disk, and allowing
> for infinite new features like making and printing cd or cassette cover from a
> playlist and such. It has already received good feedback from another user.

Sounds great!!

> configure: error: can not find sources in . or ..

This I can answer, because I had the exact same problem. As a matter of fact, it's even in the FAQ on the gnome-standalone homepage :) Edit configure.in, the first line to:

AC_INIT(src/main.c)

or what your main file is called.

Hope it helps
Richard