Re: Feature idea

>What I am talking about is a box, be it attached to the edge of the
>screen or not, that always contains the menu bars and tool bars of
>the application that has currently got focus.
>
>That means that the WM and the application as well as the process
>handling the box would have to do a lot of hinting and IPC to ensure
>that whenever I move my mouse over some other window, flap, bars are
>torn off and relocated while others return to base.

But surely the only way you could use the menu box is to move your
mouse over it... and then the menu would disappear since your mouse
wouldn't be over the other window any more. If you use the keyboard
to navigate the menu it might as well be the menu in the current
window rather than a copy of it. The menu box would only be useful if
you were using "click-to-focus".

Which you should do anyway. =I>

 - Michael Rogers