RE: Compiling GNOME apps with redhat 5.2

if by graphic ones, you mean such things as imlib and the gimp tool kit, then
yes. you must have them installed. if you mean something else, please respond
with more detail. also if you're using rpms for some parts and tarballs for
others you might run into problems. rpm only checks for dependencies by
checking installed rpms. so if you tarball install a library rpm won't think
it's there. i had that problem once and it confounded me for days.

On 06-Apr-99 Jarrod McReynolds typed:
> Can anyone tell me with certantiy if I need to download the RedHat specife
> RPMS that are listed on the installation page of GNOME for redhat??
>
> The graphic ones. I'm having proplems compiling and I hope that this are the
> ones that I need but if there is something more that anyone can thing of
> please let me know.

jason majors
jason@whizzird.net
http://www.whizzird.net