gmc going nuts

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with gmc constanly crashing on me.  Here are
some of the symptoms...  If I put the cursor up in the location bar the
whole bar turns to garbage and i can't seem to type anything in there.
It looks fine before i click on it.

If I try to delete an HTML file out of my home directory it does this:

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
IMLIB ERROR: Cannot allocate RAM for XImage data

Gdk-ERROR **: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)

aborting...

Anyone have any ideas?  need more info?

thanks,
rob