Re: Feature idea

>> If there were a panel applet that swallowed the active window's menu
bar,
>> a mac like look could be made. I'm not sure whay this is good, but
some
>> people like macs so someone must like that sort of look & feal.
>
>I second this; it would be an immensely cool feature. Methinks one
>would just need some sort of panel-like container, and a way to hand
>all the menu bar / tool bar items (widgets? windows?) over to it
>automatically.
>
>It could be flexible, so as to allow relocating the bars in some
>free-floating box instead of in a panel at the edge of the screen...

Isn't this already possible with tear-off menus? Drag the menu bar of
(eg) gnome-terminal into space and it floats there. I guess you could
have it embedded in the panel, but why waste panel space when you can
put it anywhere?

>Heh. I suppose I look silly when I write of things I would not be able
>to program myself. Anyway, I'm violating the First Law of the GNU,
>which coerces anyone requesting a non-implemented feature to code it
>themselves...:))

My excuse is that I'm *slowly* learning to program, but in the meantime
I have the luxury of bitching about other people's code :o)

 - Michael Rogers