Re: Solaris7 X86 - ./configure options for GTK+-1.2.0

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:22:48 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:

>>From: Drazen Kacar <dave@srce.hr>
>
>>You might try to put this in /etc/system:
>>
>>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 0x2000000
>>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 0x1000
>>set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 0x100
>

>I've had settings like this in my /etc/system from the start (I support Solstice
>Enterprise Manager for a living - it makes great use of shared memory) and never
>had this problem with having to disable shared memory in E or Gnome or anything,
>so hopefully this is what you want =OZ
>
>-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
>o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
>/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
>`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub

I'm really frustrated now, trying to figure out why shm craps out on
some configurations but not others. After talking to Sun support, I'm
growing convinced that it is a problem with the way the ATI Xserver
deals with AGP. ( The Xig server doesn't have this problem ). To those
( Mark and Drazen ) who haven't had shm probs, what kind of video card
are you using?

Regards and such,

Paul.