Problem starting GNOME

Hi,

I do have a problem to start GNOME
I start by typing startx
my .xinitrc contains only one line
exec gnome-session

when I type startx just after having boot the machine and log in it
starts GNOME like it is the first time it starts, I log out from the
panel then have to kill Xserver ( CTRL ATL DEL)
then I redo startx and it start smootly with all my config of the panel
and the apps I had in my previous session, but GMC GMC never restart in
a new session.

My system is a SUSE  Box 6.0 kernel 2.0.36 My GNOME is SUSE RPMS from
the GNOME site
the version is the one available today. All this is with Enlightenment
as WM
(snapshot 0.15 updated 1999/02/26 / 05:05:21)

I do prefer Window Maker But I cannot use Window Maker with only the
exec gnome-session line.

So if possible I would like some feedback on the startup of GNOME, and
the startup of Windowmaker by GNOME ( for example in my config if I go
to control center and choose window Maker then click the try button
window Maker starts then dies !!

I would like some feedback from the authors of GNOME as well.
Is "exec gnome session" in the .xinitrc the 'proper way' to start GNOME
??

If those questions are FAQ stuff, sorry but I miss this FAQ :(

Best Regards to all

GH Portefait

"Computer are like air conditionners,
they stop properly when you open windows"

http://www.geekcode.com