Re: "Unable to connect to server port 35091?"

> I have GNOME installed with icewm-gnome, and it runs OK, except that it's
> unusually slow. When I boot up, and when I run Control Center and Midnight
> Commander, I get the message above on xconsole, sometimes several times,
> as well as several failed assertions stating that some variable != NULL.
> In a possibly related (but maybe not) note, I also can't access certain
> parts of the GNOME help system. Could I be missing a package? Any
> suggestions? At first I just thought GNOME was slow, but I guess I was
> mistaken. Help!!

The "Unable to connect to server port 35091" I believe refers to the esd
daemon.  You should run the esd daemon to fix this.  Or recompile without
the esd option.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/