Re: Registering Id = (null)

On Sun, 04 Apr 1999 20:19:33 -0700, Paul Adams <eater@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Yup, changing the hostname back to "localhost" cleared up the problem. Curious.

The basic idea is that your current hostname has to always have a valid IP
address associated with it. Changing the hostname back to 'localhost'
worked because your /etc/hosts holds the 'localhost' <-> 127.0.0.1
association. Having a valid DNS setup for your hostname would also
suffice.

-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.