From: Devin Butterfield <dbutter@ix.netcom.com>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Subject: Why does Gnome keep freezing?? Help!!
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 12:44:15 -0800
>From gnome-list-request@redhat.com Sat Apr 03 12:43:22 1999
Sender: dbutter@ix.netcom.com

Hi,

I'm very new to gnome...infact I just installed it last night. The
problem I'm having is that every time I right click somewhere on the
desktop (with the file manager running), I get the little menu, and
after leaving that menu gnome will freeze up!! Actually it's more like
95% of the time that this happens.

Then, if I click the "x" in the upper right hand corner of the file
manager window (to close it), it will often disappear, and then suddenly
re-appear, and leave a bomb (core dump) in my directory!!

Why is gnome running so crappy for me?

I installed gnome from the rpms on the website (and yes, I closely
followed directions). I'm running Linux-Mandrake 5.3. Yeah, I could use
kde...it is very stable, but I would prefere gnome if I can ever get it
to run for more than 15 min!!

Please help!!
--
Devin.