GFTP errors

I get the following error when I attempt to run "gftp":

Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1: undefined symbol:
__deregister_frame_info

This occurs with either the "gnome" version (from gnome's FTP site), a
copy made up by a mailing list user, or a copy I downloaded from gftp's
website. The first two were version 1.12.x. The copy from gftp's site is
v1.13.x.

They do have a "static" version and a different version available
(dynamic ?). I tried the non-static version. I'm going to get the static
one in a few minutes and see how it works.

Thanks in advance,
Hall