Re: ESD WoesE

+++ Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 10:41:21AM -0400 +++
Jeff Browning e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Hello fellow GNOMErs,
>
> I can't get Esound to work. It compiles and installs correctly. But,
> when I type "esd" it displays the following message:
> initializing...
> unsupported sound format: 33
> fatal error configuring sound, /dev/dsp
> What could be wrong? I am running RH 5.1 with a SB Pro sound card. Sound
> works perfectly with everything else. Thanks in advance!

Run esd like this:

esd -b -r 22050

This worked for me (it switches esd to 8-bit sound at 22050 Hz mixing
rate).

mawa
--
"Well, let's just say, don't try to defend your argument with your
body, and you won't feel like it's an ad hominem attack."