Re: Another GMC suggestion/request

+++ Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 08:46:46PM +0100 +++
Guillermo S. Romero / unnamed / Familia Romero e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Easy to memorize in what languaje? C-s? Search? Ok, now Spanish... buScar.
> Yeah, "perfect". C-x? eXecutar (wrong, Spanish is ejecutar), should I keep
> going? It is the problem that I have with Unix programs, different
> keybindings in each and yes, all logical... if English. Yes, I have learned
> lot of things this way, but not everyone will learn all the verbs of similar
> meaning in non native languaje just to use a GUI faster.

Hm, I don't depend on any particular word of any particular language
when memorising such a simple keybinding. Actually, I have stopped
thinking about it. It works like an Emacs isearch. Simple.

You've got to memorise Windows keybindings, too. BTW, I think gmc's
keybindings can be localised.

> Also, one guy proposed the one key hit and other the write a word. In
> Windows if you hit a key, wait, hit another it jumps from one file to
> another, but if hit keys fast (word) it will try to find the file which
> matches. Example having "abc" "acb" and "cba" if 'a' 'wait' 'c' you end in
> "cab" but if 'a' then 'c' you end in "acb" (always passing by "abc").

I see. This is a way to do it, for sure. Anyway I like the C-s
approach better because it equals the way I search for a string in a
document.

mawa
--
When you look at yourself in an aberrational mirror, you see your real
self, looking back at the twisted you.