Re: Unidentified subject!

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 plendon@microcenter.com wrote:
> I just subscribed to this list; I'm running linux 5.2
*blink* Linux 5.2?  Last I checked, the latest version of Linux was 2.2.4.
Do you mean RedHat version 5.2?  RedHat distributes Linux, but their
version number is not the Linux version number.

> and have x windows setup.   I have installed gnome rpm's -
> xscreensaver-3.07-1.i386.rpm.
>
> I received a message of failed dependencies:
>
> libguile.so2 is needed by:  gnome-games-1.01.5
> libguile.so2 is needed by:  gnumeric-0.18-1
> libguile.so2 is needed by:  libgtop-examples-1.0.1-1
>
> What do I need to do at this point?  Is libguile.so2 the name of a
> library I need?

Yes, "libguile.so.2" is the name of a library, specifically the guile
library.  You can find it on the RedHat 5.2 CD at
"RedHat/RPMS/guile-1.2-6.i386.rpm".

Please note that the versions of Guile and GNOME on the RedHat 5.2 disk
are both old.  You can get newer versions from the ftp site and it's
mirrors.  Go to http://www.gnome.org/gnome-1.0/gnome-1.0-rpms.shtml for
more info on how to get newer copies.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef