Re: gnome-terminal: "DEL"-key behaviour

On 01-Apr-99 Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>> Neither under SuSE nor under RH 5.2 have I been able to find a way to do
>> this in gnome-terminal/bash.
>> It works perfectly in for example gedit.
>
> What does work perfectly?

The delete key deletes the character under the cursor and does not jump
backwards. The backspace key deletes 'backwards'.
I just gave gedit as an example where this can be seen, also in gxedit
and gnotepad.
I would like to have this in gnome-terminal also.

> It does work here on my SGI running IRIX and the code certainly works
> for that.  Did you click on "Apply" after clicking on the dialog box?

Yes I clicked on Apply.

Alexander Volovics
Dept of Methodology & Statistics
Maastricht University, Maastricht, NL