gtk weirdness

Hi gnomers,

whenever I change my gtk theme with the control-center, I observe the following weirdness:

It creates a new .gtkrc in my home directory pointing to the gtkrc file of the corresponding theme.
This is very good, and should be like this I think at least in MO, BUT:

it creates also a gtkrc in /usr/local/share.... which is 100% equal to the one of the theme.

and weirdly this gtkrc has precedence over the .gtkrc in my home directory....
(found this out when I srewed the one in /usr/local/share up, and gtk wasn't able to find the
 different pixs anymore though my .gtkrc pointed to the correct gtkrc )

I just can't believe that this is the intended behaviour of gtk, so what the hell have I srewed
up????

bye the way I hate programs messing around in my /usr /usr/local directories, when I'm not (un)-
installing things,
I think no programs should do such stuff.....

all the same really cool things those themes and especially Blackness kicks ass I think....

remo