Re: grey screen?

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Gleef wrote:

> I started GNOME with session management, why am I just getting this grey
> screen (no panel, nothing)?

I did get this to work... I am not quite sure how, but I did. ut you
might want to add that the first time you start gnome after a complete
delete of the config files, it'll take a bit to come up.

> Make sure you have a working version of libpng other than 1.0.2, make
> sure your programs are finding the right version of libpng (eg. "ldd

I only have 1.0.3, no others (i am pretty sure I deleted all remaining
files).

> panel").  If that doesn't work, I've found that it happens on one of
> my systems if I use any optimization on gmodule or imlib.  Try
> recompiling glib and imlib with no optimization, and see if that fixes
> it.

panel doesn't directly link to libpng it seems?

---
 http://nils.jeppe.de/ and http://www.pandemonium.de/
"Why do we always come here?" - "I guess we'll never know."
"It's like a kind of torture to have to watch this show."