Re: Color picker idea

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Ben Frantzdale wrote:

> I'd think it'd be nice if there were an option in the Gnome color picker
> that worked like the eye-dropperin GIMP or PhotoShop. You could cick a
> "select color from the screen" and then click anywhere to send that
> pixel's color to the color picker. It'd be usefull if you are trying to
> have some gnome colors match some non gnome (ie E) colors.

I was thinking about this tonight.  I think that a really easy way to
do this would be to steal code from xmag; instead of grabbing a 100x100
window, grab a 1x1 window and take the rgb from it.  The xmag code and
a little elbow grease should be all that you need.  If I get a chance,
then I will look into it, but if someone else wants to do this, then I
(and others, apparently) would be appreciative.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W         (800) 719-4664, x22804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton