RE: Instabilities in GDM

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> X does lock the console sometimes... but never the network. :)
> If it is on a network, you can at least telnet in to shut it down.

On an older release of XFree86, I've had it lock the kernel once, telnet
didn't work, ctrl-alt-del didn't even work.  That's the trouble with
complex setuid binaries, they can do lots of damage.  XFree version 4
sounds like a much cleaner design, hopefully such problems will fade into
distant memory then.

-Gleef