SGML tools for Solaris (is SGMLtools portable???)

Did anybody manage to compile and run succesfully SGML tools on Solaris?

I got it to compile with a few modifications, but jade still
segfaults...

It would be nice if GNOME could use documentation tools that run not
just on linux, and that can be installed in the autoconf-way (I want
_everything_ in /usr/local, nothing in /etc or /usr/etc...). I guess
SGMLtools are a good starting point for this, but I never saw these
running on Solaris (are they GPLed btw?)

fdy