Re: gnome-libs: libesd not in searchpath

On 30 Sep 1998 02:25:28 +0200, Dirk Luetjens <dirk@luedi.oche.de> wrote:
>Hello
>
>while compiling gnome-libs I recognized that it canīt find libesd
>which is installed in /opt/gnome/lib. The output of config.log shows,
>that the gnome directory isnīt in the link-path.

This is a bona-fide bug - the right solution is for esound is to install a
$(bindir)/esound-config (ala gtk-config) that spits out the right -L and
-l pieces (I hear ricdude is taking patches :). The hack I used just works
for me because glib is installed under the same prefix (/gnome) as esound.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg