Re: thumbs up to all developers! (please read)

Yes, they are doing an awesome job.

I send in my (probably considered weak) bug reports because its all I can
do to help.  If I knew more coding and such than I know, I would
definately do more, but I am slowly learning, and as I learn, my bug
reports advance a little.  When I send my "in gnomeblahblah: this doesnt
work correctly", I am doing it to inform, not to complain about bad work.
I know if I wrote something, I would want responses on what may be broken.

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, M. TELGARSKY wrote:

> ok here's a  message I want all the developers to read.
> I am sick of all the 'this doesn't work' and 'there
> is a bug' (when it is all their fault) messages.

And the "its all their fault" doesnt seem to apply to the stuff I have
been sending in, as far as I know, I try several options, windowmanagers,
and fixes to solve what is wrong with the app, or find a definate order of
steps to reproduce the problem.  If I hit say, properties in an app, the
properties dialogue should come up, that the way I see it, shouldnt be my
fault, just a minor bug, so I send in my $.02 of help to say "hey, if you
get a chance, ya might want to look into this."  No flames intended, just
noting that some of us arent sending in bug reports to bitch about an apps
problem, just to help the developer find what is wrong with an app to make
it 10000 times as rock solid as expected from a quality product.

sar