Re: ORbit 0.3.0 ./configure error

Ramón> I am trying to install gnome 0.3.0 but ORBit does not want to
Ramón> cooperate.  When I try to compile ORBit starting with
Ramón> ./configure it runs through the checklist and then chokes on
Ramón> the following:

I didn't see an answer for your question.

Ramón> checking for flex... no
Ramón> checking for lex... no
Ramón> ./configure: flex: command not found
Ramón> checking for flex... lex
Ramón> checking for yywrap in -ll... no
Ramón> checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
Ramón> configure: error: cannot find output from lex: giving up

This seems pretty unambiguous to me.  configure is looking for the
`flex' program (or the `lex' program as a fallback).  It isn't finding
it.  That makes configure fail.

The fix: install flex.

Tom