Re: gnome db vs. mozilla db

> So now my proposal:
> Why not switching to db 2.0 for gnome as well?

Because we do not have to force people to upgrade to 2.0 and 2.0 is
compatible with 1.85

> Yes, I know the license could impose some problems regarding the LGPL of
> gnome-libs. But we could write them to make an exception for inclusion in
> gnome.

This is not an issue.  db 2.0 allows to be linked in a LGPL library
iff the application is compatible with the db 2.0 license or if you do
not expose the db 2.0 internals to the application (which we do not
do).

Miguel.