Re: Portability police vs. Enlightenment

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 03:04:03PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery wrote:
> What's this about Enlightenment supposedly needing a wait3 that does rusage?
> I found one call to wait3() and it throws the rusage away.
>
> May I suggest that the proper function is waitpid() --- which, being POSIX,
> exists on more systems than the obsolete BSD function does.  [yes, obsolete:
> even on BSD you use waitpid() or wait4().]

didn't think it was actually a problem.  most systems actually have wait3()
(to the best of my knowledge) but the stat-collecting stuff never happened,
so rusage is kinda irrelevant - I've changed it to use waitpid() now.

--
Geoff Harrison (http://mandrake.net)
Senior Systems Engineer