Re: Suggestion: notify when programs finish
- From: Tim Moore <tmoore tembel org>
- To: Dewit Gert <Gert Dewit lin vlaanderen be>
- cc: Richard Hult <rhult hem2 passagen se>, list gnome <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Suggestion: notify when programs finish
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:14:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Dewit Gert wrote:
> Richard Hult wrote:
> > I have a little suggestion for GNOME:
> > Completion notify
> > frenzy> cd gnome-libs
> > frenzy> gnotify make
> I know I'm not really answering your question but this is what I use to get
> notified that a compile is done :
> $ make gnome-libs-whatever ; echo "\a"
You should put /bin/echo "\a", not just echo "\a". The echo command is
built in to most shells, and they may have differing syntax.
For example, echo "\a" on my bash just prints out "\a". You have to call
echo -e "\a" to get it to beep.
] [Thread Prev