Re: gnome-terminal idea

I don't know the plans concerning baboon, but I think we
need something like the Document-Shell in OpenDoc (the
program to display software-components (part editors/viewers)).

It should also be possible to extend this concept:

	- support multiple views, a minibuffer (best of emacs)
	- ability to display programs, not
	  only part editors/viewers (i.e. a shell)

This way we can combine the "gnome-terminal idea" with baboon, and get
a framework for applications that wants to interact with other
applications, or
want to support multiple views. If we use gnome-mdi it's up to the user
which
MDI-mode he wants to use. Possible programs which can use this framework
are:

	- in general all document oriented applications - baboon objects
		- ghex
		- gedit
		- emacs
	- Terminal (like gterm (screen))
	- the gnome control-center is using such approach (displays programs
	  within another program)
	- IDE
	- ...

The WM-approach does not provide a framework for application that
want to use multiple views. So each application does it in it's own way,
leading to an inconsistent UI. It's also possible to use MDI-toplevel
mode and
start a new process for each toplevel window. This way you can still use
the
WM-approach, but Gnome will stay WM-independent.