Re: ORBit 0.3.0: --disable-static doesn't work

On 23 Sep 1998 15:28:12 +0200, Alexander Jolk
<jolk@ap-pc513b.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

>This seems to be the only general solution, doesn't it?  Both because
>of Dick's argument, and because of the fact that on at least some
>systems dynamic linking won't pick up the newly compiled libs instead
>of older ones.  So I'd vote not to compile the tests if
>--disable-static is given.

If you provide a patch to do this, we can definitely take a look.

>Alternatively, since these tests might be
>important for experts only (is that right?), let's introduce another
>configure option --enable-tests

Eventually it would be nice to have an automated test suite that would be
run as part of 'make check' or something, and most people who compile
ORBit will want to be able to run some sort of demo or "yes it works"
program. --enable-tests probably is overkill.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg