Re: ORBit 0.3.0: --disable-static doesn't work

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:51:41 +0200 (MET DST), Alexander Jolk
<jolk@ap-pc513b.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

>You can't compile the latest ORBit 0.3.0 (from CVS) using `./configure
>--disable-static'.  This is because several `Makefile.am's explicitly
>request `-static' linking.  The affected files are
>src/idl-compiler/Makefile.am, test/Makefile.am, and
>test/test-poa/Makefile.am.  I removed the `-static' flag, and ORBit
>compiled without further problems.
>
>Why was static linking requested in the first place?

Because otherwise the test cases will use already-installed ORBit
libraries (it's not real static linking, just linking in the ORBit libs
statically).

One possible workaround: don't build with --disable-static :)
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg