Re: word processor document format: what parts?

> > No defaults!  When you create a new blank document, you get a dialog box
> > with choices
There must be defaults, there needs to be templates for people who
cannot
create their own ones.

> Okay, uhm ... I was thinking more like the little gallery that MS products
> have: Letter, Business, Presentation, Memo, etc, etc, full of crappy
> backgrounds and unreadable text and horrible fonts, etc, etc.
Yes, this is a good thing to have.

> Then there's a "blank paper" style.  I think that even *this* should have
> defaults (yes, defaults!).  Why?  Well, even if you don't like what you
> are given, you're going to change it anyway.
Yes. If there are not defaults, how is the program supposed to know what
font
to typeset what you are typing in your 'blank sheet' in the first place?
Are you supposed to start by defining that too? ;-)

		jb.