Re: word processor document format: what parts?

"J. Patrick Narkinsky" <patrick@narkinsky.ml.org> writes:

> > Also, one interesting thought which I had was to have a default page
> > style, such that one could do:
> >
> > 	This is <size=18>some sized text, and<size=normal> this is normal
> >
> > Just a little nugget to throw out.
>
> Once again, XML requires that all tags be closed.  So, the above should
> really be written as:

> 	This is <font-size scale=18pt> some sized text, and</font-size>
> 	this is normal

Your correct (at least for me ;-) ), but don't you all forget something?

XML defines a structure and tags data with semantic value.

But all you talk about are font weights and sizes. This belongs to the style
language.

<italic> is a bad tag. <important> would be better in my eyes. The style
language will describe if this is printed bold, or perhaps spoken with a dark
colored voice.

Regards,
  Oliver.