gtkthemes with debian...

Hi.

I want to use the gtk themes, but have some troubles with it. I dont
understand very much of this, the FAQ say that i should:
1) cvs -r themes-2 -d themes-gtk+ gtk+
2) autogen, make make install

when compiling, autogen said i should upgrade my glib version (1.1.2) to
the new glib 1.1.3. I have a debian system , what should i do to upgrade
my glib ? De-installing the current deb package and then getting it
thourgt cvs -something glib and compiling it ??
With what option of cvs ??

Thanks for help....

                       /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                      /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /