Re: aggressive computers (was: Word Processors)

-----Original Message-----
From: sun <as387@yfn.ysu.edu>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Date: Friday, September 18, 1998 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: aggressive computers (was: Word Processors)

>in addition, i'd like to question the very practicality of such
>aggressive assistance. specifically, does anyone in this list know
>anyone who likes and uses the paperclip help regularly? i don't know
>many people that use the newest version of word, but of the two or three
>that do, all of them have turned the paperclip off.

I never leave the paperclip turned on (sheesh, that statement sounds
weird:), but I do think that the help search facility associated with it is
a great leap forward for Microsoft.  Compared to the old help facilities,
where at best you could search and index, being Word 97 is great.

Seriously, it is nice being able to type in a question like "How do I mail
merge and create labels?" and have the help facility actually return
reasonably useful documentation.

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/