Re: 19980917 compiling

> I really like the idea that GNOME be "bug-free", or at least that it
> compile (which is the same thing, right?  8^)  What could we do to
> help in this direction?  Here are some ideas:

i'm working on daily compiling.

the thing i try to solve is : find one order, so you can bootstrap from null
to everything.

it would help me a lot, if the build process would be the same for all
programs. this affects "autogen.sh" :
 - some programs don't call configure in their autogen.sh
   (e, eterm, ...)
 - some programs don't have an autogen.sh at all
 - some programs have a hand made, and it's buggy / doesn't do everythign
   required.

unless told not to do, i will continue to report these problems, so
people can fix it.

first goal is to get once a "compile everything", even with several manual
fixes. once this is done, i will make a daily compile, and make the results
and log files available every day, so developers can look at it.

andreas