Problems running programs

Hi,

I just finished compiling the tarballs around gnome-0.28 and there are
anumber of programs I can't run because of the following problems:

** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GnomeClient' to `GtkWindowType'

** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GnomeClient' to `GtkWindowType'

** WARNING **: gtk_type_create(): unknown parent type `12'.

** ERROR **: file gnometypes.c: line 30 (gnome_type_init): "type_id != GTK_TYPE_INVALID"

Because of this I can't load the panel or the applets and probably a
number of other things which I haven't found out yet. Does anyone have
an idea what the problem is? Please don't tell me that my only option
is to download from CVS. I've got an unreliable link and it would take
*much* too long, not counting the retries.

Thanks.

--
Laurent Duperval          | The opinions expressed herein are copyrighted.
Systems Analyst           | Any reproduction, in whole or in part, without
                          | written consent of the National Opinion Guild
lduperval@sprint.ca       | is strictly forbidden.

"AAARGH!!  Women!  Isn't it enough that we sleep with them?"
                                            - Nick Tortelli