Re: Word Processors

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > 	  I've seen Office 97 working once.  The guy was screaming and
> > flailing, trying to turn the dumb shit off.  "Hi, is this a letter and
> > should the next word be Mom and Dad? You've typed M...."  And he was a
> > programmer.
>
> How strange.  I just clicked on the close button and it went away.  I
> really cant see why people complained about it.
>
> Miguel.

I noticed this as well, however, in certain circumstances the damn things
pops up again.  There are some options somewhere to turn it off, it took
me around 10 minutes to find it though.  The problem with the paper clip,
IMHO, is that it occasionally demands interaction instead of just letting
me do what I want.  If it just popped up its ballon every so often without
sucking 50% of a Pentium-200 CPU and the balloon disappeared after a short
while it would be ok.

Even on a beefy machine, the ballons sometimes occupy to much screen
space.  If the balloon would disappear if the cursor goes under it or
something like that it wouldn't be so annoying.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>