Re: xpm vs. png

George <jirka@5z.com>

>well then write a simple converter from xpm to rgb ... then you can just
>#include the result ... shouldn't be any harder then using xpms ...
>in gnome stock it's all in one file which makes it harder to keep up
>to date ...

Who does the work to convert the images to rgb data for gnome-stock? I bet
they already have a basic converter, it may need some clean up, but the core
code would be done.

>also I guess it could be included in the makefile .... just build
>say .rgb files from .png's or xpms on make ... then you only change
>the .pngs, and the app includes the autogenerated .rgb file, this might
>be a good way to do the gnome-stock for example

Doing this, if only for gnome-stock, would be very nice. Right now there is no
simple way to view the images included in gnome-libs. you must either find
the homepage that contains a list, make a small gnome-hello type that displays
them for you, or, like I did, find the right one by trial and error. The image
names help, but seeing the difference between 'preferences' and 'properties',
for instance, becomes tedious.

John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>