Re: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Does there exist any kind of 'clipboard' for baboon objects, that
> > is, will it be possible to cut and paste baboon objects in GNOME?
> > (So far I've heard a lot about 'drag-and-drop', but nothing about
> > 'cut / copy - paste.  So far, 'cut'n paste' is the only thing in
> > windows that I really have missed in unix.)
>
> Yes, we will have a clipboard.  It is very simple to implement, as it
> will use the same facilities written for drag and drop of baboon
> components.

Can I find out some more about this?  I think that it's an important
point for potential programmers, given that X traditionally has a
bad clipboard functionality, or whatever reason.  (Please, not a
debate on how good X's existing clipboard is!)

Anyway, what work has been done?  Where in GNOME will this functionality
lie?  Will it be similar in spirit to Xdnd's method for tagging objects
which are Dnd'd around the desktop, i.e., MIME typing, etc.?  What sort
of timeframe is there?  Who is working on it?  What needs to be done?

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net