Re: GNOME printing model

One really nice way about the way M$ does printing is that you
can use the exact same printing code to do a print preview that
you use to print on paper.  The drawing medium (device context)
is abstracted so that you just change the device behind it, and
your same picture will go to a printer instead of the screen.

Any chance GNOME will follow this lead (at least in concept)?  A
print preview would be fabulous, and possibly critical for
certain apps.  It would be very handy to be able to generate this
preview automatically.  Of course, Windows doesn't really have
any integrated support for postscript, whereas GNOME will, so
GNOME probably won't have to do as much monkeying around with
abstractions to get the same results.  Just move the ps around.

Does a simple postscript-viewing widget exist yet?  Would the
GnomeCanvas work well for print previews?

John